I have had a camera by my side since I was 14 years old. I started taking photography classes in high school because it was the *cool* thing to do. Little did I know I would quickly fall in love with it. There is still a photograph that I took at 15 years old that hangs in my living room. It is still one of my favorite photographs, but I keep it for the memory. That was the moment I realized how much I loved being behind the camera.
I attended the University of Arkansas and obtained a degree in Journalism Ad/PR. After graduating in 2002, I began working for a local photographer. I did all of her black and white darkroom printing. I loved it! I loved the smells, the quiet & found great joy in the work itself. Still to this day I want a darkroom in my house. I love a good darkroom….even though I have not hand printed in years! In mid 2004 I moved to New Orleans. I worked for a commercial photographer until Katrina brought me back to Arkansas in August of 2005. I decided to stay in Little Rock and open my own studio.
It has been a great ride! I have been very blessed with amazing clients and opportunities. People ask me all the time, “What kind of photography do you do? Weddings? Families? Newborns? Commercial???” I say, “YES!!!” I do it all. I love having a mix of photography. I love all the people I meet! I think that is my favorite part of my job. Capturing people in moments.
A few fun facts…….
- I married my awesome husband in October 2011.
- We have a beautiful little girl named Frances born in May 2012.
- I love Snickers Bars, Ramen noodles and coffee.
- I am not afraid to remodel a bathroom, kitchen or an entire house.
- I am super laid back yet a touch of a control freak. It makes for a confusing combo sometimes.
- I love going to new cities and eating my way through town. I LOVE FOOD. All kinds.
- My favorite city so far is San Francisco. If you go…Nan King in Chinatown is a MUST.
- I am a dog lover! My furbabies are Hazel and Marshall. I might talk about them like they are people.
- I have a lot of accessories but usually have on flats and the same earrings, necklace, wedding band & purse. I think that’s kind of funny.
- I get giddy when it snows. Like a kid.
Enough about me! Thanks for stopping by the LDP blog and I hope to get to know you soon too!